Marijuana has been shown to have significant effects for pain relief and the relief of the symptoms of many conditions. Finding the right strain, however, is an important consideration if you are seeking an alternate form of symptom treatment from traditional pharmaceuticals. Discover the different medical marijuana strain options, and how to choose the best one.
Indica, Sativa, and Hybrids
There are two main classifications of marijuana, but hybrids tend to fall somewhere between these two main classifications. The differences in tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD) in each strain changes the effects users feel. Also, terpenes, the tastes and smells, can modulate the effects of THC and CBD.
- Sativas: Produce an energetic effect, and often give a “cerebral” or head high. These are common for daytime use and are excellent for promoting appetite. These strains are higher in THC, which is the psychoactive compound in marijuana.
- Indicas: Produce a calming effect, and are considered more of a body high. These are recommended for nighttime use and are used for treating anxiety, chronic pain, and tremors.
- Hybrids: specially treat certain conditions or symptoms. These are typically divided into Indica Dominant Hybrids-Sativas and Sativa Dominant Hybrids-.
What Are Cannabinoids?
Cannabinoids are the compounds that make cannabis what it is. There are many cannabinoids that are important when it comes to choosing the right strain of marijuana for you, however THC and CBD are the most well-known. These cannabinoids can work together to affect you, and exist alongside many other cannabinoids that are less represented.
- Psychoactive “cerebral” high
- Encourages stimulation and creativity
- May cause paranoia and anxiety in some individuals
- Used in pain relief, treating depression, and stimulating appetite
- Calming high, generally felt more in the body.
- Counteracts anxious and paranoid feelings
- Antipsychotic effects
- Used in pain relief, anti-inflammatory, anti-psychotic, and anti-spasm treatments
Choosing the Right Strain
The correct strain for you depends on the affects you are trying to experience and the symptoms or conditions for which you are seeking treatment. A knowledgeable dispensary can help you choose potential strains that are intended for symptoms like yours. It may take some experimentation to discover the best strain for you.
It is recommended that you choose a reputable dispensary that can show you the lab results for each product. The lab results should include the cannabinoid content and help you understand the differences between strains.
At The Station, we are dedicated to helping you find the right products for your needs. Whether you are looking for a more natural treatment for anxiety, or are seeking a more affective pain relief option than pharmaceuticals, we can help. Our Boulder marijuana dispensary is proud to have put forth unrivalled diligence to create the most knowledgeable, professional, and personal experience in the medical marijuana community.
Learn more about or products today. Contact us by calling (303) 625-6521.